Join the team - apply for becoming a staff member
We are searching annually young and old, motivated and enthusiastic people who like to join our staff. We take "old hands" as gladly as newcomers!
Since now, you can apply for our staff in 2023! Our international camp takes place between 17th of july and 19th of august 2023.
You should be able to fulfil the following requirements, in return we offer a lot!
- You are a member in a guide or scout association which is accredited by the WAGGGS or the WOSM.
- You are at least 18 years old (at the day of your arrival)
- You are able to speak at least one foreing language - camp language is English!
- You are in good condition and health. You are organizing and paying your travel yourself.
- you are willing to work at least four weeks -preferable longer- at the camp.
- You are able to work in a team and fit in to the Staff community
- You have some special knowledge or skills that you want to use and offer for the camp program.
- You will take part in the Staff activities.
- You prepare yourself for your area of responsibility on the camp independently.
- You send in your complete application form by the 31th of march latest.
- You are dealing things like visa / foreign legal affairs / employment permit on your own authority!
- A great experience with international taste - in the heart of Bavaria!
- The development of your skills and personality. You can learn (if you don't know it anyway) to lead special activities on your own in a responsible role, to represent your interests and the interests of the International Camp, to advertise certain offers, to handle critism and compliments, to work in a mulitlingual team and so on..
- Regular, individual reviews with the camp director
- 70€/4 weeks pocket money
- Free working clothes (T-Shirt, Polo-Shirt and sweater) in the famous Bucher Berg colours
- The possibility to join the staff of other European partnercamps
- Free meals and accomodation
- Free insurance (accident, liability and additional foreign health insurance)
- Qualified preparation for the camp
- One day off/week
- 1/2 day/week for common staff activities
Around 6 to 9 months before the next International Camp, guides and scouts from all over the world start applying for the staff. The camp director and our "International Camp" commitee are trying to find the best mix of staff. If we have more applicants with the same skills than free positions in the staff, we choose by the date of application arrival.
Neccessary requirements for the admission to the staff are the demands which are written above.
So - if you want to join our staff, you can download the application form here!
If you want to apply for the camp chief or the program manager - which is only possible if you have very good skills in the german language and if you know the Bucher Berg already - than you can download the application form here.